Tuesday, March 9, 2010

facebook? is that thing still around?

so both of us deactivated our facebook accounts...  for me, I haven't missed it a bit.  I read today that facebook is doing a location thing now for all of its mobile users.  That way you know where your virtual compadres are at all times.  Kinda weird.  At any rate, it was a nice directory service to get back in contact with some people who we had simply lost contact with over the years, but that's about as far as it went.  I can see how it could be a good place to drum up some business (which every business now seems to have its own facebook account).  And that's such a nice thing for businesses, they get the publicity without any accountability.  They don't have to chat, don't have to respond... it's just like a free billboard for them.  In fact, that's kind of the way it was for me... a personal billboard.  Pretty much anyone who's in the right place or is a friend of a friend, can see your billboard.  I never really got into the ... "right now I'm eating a ham sandwich while getting my car inspected" thing... you know, the type of tweet service that informs the world of your selective status that second.
Well, I am rambling... and for now we're still blogging; albeit, minimally.

4 comments:

Randy and Ashley said...

love the latest family shot!

Unknown said...

Never said better. I agree entirely - I followed suite and did the same.

SkyTang said...

follow up... if you need to delete your facebook account, not just deactivate it, go here and it will take 2 weeks to process it. Cheers

SkyTang said...

well try this address to delete account