Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy January

Scott has memorized the spelling of his name... or has he really learned to spell it? I am still not sure. He recognizes letters (he will grab the name-tags Aunt Emily made for our dinner table and will read the letters and the names of the other kids), but sometimes he will forget the 2nd "t" or the "o" in his name. At any rate, it is cute to watch him "read" his books at night. He has become a little afraid of the dark, even though he shares a room with his baby brother. So we have allowed him a flashlight in bed. That's been nice. A good comfort to him. He has also been our only young'un who prefers a specific blanket (although he can sleep without it, no problem). At any rate, his speech is really cute and hopefully we can capture some of those idioms on audio recording before his speech loses all that cuteness. 

Oh, by the way... I am doing family photos at no cost this year... I believe it is important for families to have memories in the form of pictures...  I feel strongly that families need quality photos as part of their family history and memories.  I know that many people in this tight economy can't afford them... so I feel it important to share my talent and love of photography with others this year.  So for the year of 2011 I will be offering family photos at no cost to the families.  I will need to be judicious with the time I give with this offering, but I am willing to help out where I can.  So if you or someone you know is in need of a few good family pictures... let me know and I will try and help out.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

Tyler! That is especially generous on top of every thing else you do.

Love this little insight into Scott's world. So precious.

SkyTang said...

Thanks Suzie. I hope people feel comfortable taking me up on the offer.

Amber said...

Whoa! I feel comfortable! I would love to take you up on that offer.
Maybe later in the year so we aren't freezing for them.

Scott was so cute when he sat next to us and was reading...he told me everything that was happening in the books. The funniest part was that when I handed him a Fancy Nancy book, he scowled and handed it right back. Total boy.

SkyTang said...

Definitely, Amber. Let me know when for the pictures. And thanks for allowing Scott to sit next to you. I love to see my kids trust friends and neighbors. You never know when you might be their next primary teacher or something ;)