Thursday, August 27, 2009

images images

First day of kindergarten for Camille and first day back to preschool for Sam. Fun day. They both were very excited and had a great day! Thanks Mommy and thanks teachers. For those interested, I put some notes abt the making of the pictures, but I put them at the end so that those not interested don't need to sift through them.







The images at the front door of Sam had an umbrella flash pointed at the door behind him. Also, he had a gold reflector in front. Hence the warmth on the face and the somewhat cooler blues behind him.

The picture of Camille inside the front door was set to manual exposure so that I could expose for outside lighting. And the off camera flash shot through white umbrella was set to auto to light subject.

In Camille's room I set the flash on one side of her on auto with Aperture priority on the camera. And she is standing next to a window which is bring in some light.

The last three shots were taken around 7:30pm on the trampoline. There was indirect sunlight and I brought the flash through umbrella out next to the tramp. I set my camera to manual (increased ISO from 100 to 200) and shot at f 4.5 and shutter speed 125. I put the flash on 1/8 power I believe (manual as well).

I shot all the pictures with the same color balance (4200K) and then adjusted color balance post shooting.

No comments: