Sunday, November 16, 2008

sorry, venting again...





So I was cleaning off my desk and found the flag etiquette pamphlet that came with our flagpole. As I was reading through it, I remembered something that really disturbed me last Spring. I was with the friend up at the City County building in Salt Lake. There is a statue there done by my great-grandfather. It is of 2 kids, one pointing up at the flag. On the side of that statue is a plaque with what used to be the pledge of allegiance on it. Now what exists there on the plaque are the words of the pledge of allegiance with the words "under God" taken out. How in the world does a city get away with taking one of the most (if not the most) important elements out of the pledge of allegiance? I was and am appalled and disappointed.

Update:  5/3/2011
It was discovered that the words "under God" were not included in the pledge until 1954. 

No comments: